The headlights used while running help not only maintain good vision, but more importantly, protect yourself from detection by other pedestrians, oncoming traffic and other vehicles.
Quick tips for running safety
How far can the driver see you?
- Using a running light is the smartest way to be seen. The white LED headlight and light movement while driving allows the driver to see you ½ mile away.
- At a minimum, a reflective vest, flashing light or flashing light will also identify you as a runner and drivers should see you up to a mile away.
- Clothes in bright colors or blouses, such as yellow, green or orange, work best. Reflective detailing on shoes or sleeves can also help drivers see you up to 150 yards away.
- Always enter the carriageway to see and react to an approaching motorist, and leave 3 feet between you and an oncoming vehicle.
- Use hand signals, use headlights at night, run in a group and respect vehicles on the road.
- Always carry your ID, mobile phone, and emergency phone numbers with you with you every run.
Comparison of characteristics of LED headlights
The best running headlamps online should contain several key characteristics. The brightest light is not always the best or most useful option.
The best overall performance of any lamp is its adjustable brightness level and a blinking or strobe mode so that the runners can be seen from a long distance. Most manufacturers rate their lamps for their maximum lumen output.
For example, a small LED flashlight like MagLite will produce around 36 lumens. However, manufacturers calculate the lumens or lux of their lamps differently to determine the amount of light or beam emitted by their particular light.
Choosing a good lighthouse
The bottom line is that no headlamp is perfect, depending on the overall design and the choice of LED lights used in the lamps, the distance, beam strength and width will be determined. The best running lights should also be light and balanced, and the head strap should be comfortable and adjustable.
The durable, shockproof and water resistant lamp is also a good criterion for outdoor weather and harsh environments. A good travel lamp also allows you to adjust or tilt the lamp so you can direct the beam wherever you want. A major headlight dealer has researched, tested and compared many headlights and options.
They decided to sell simple yet powerful 100 lumen waterproof and shockproof lamps that are perfect for any outdoor sports.
Super bright LED headlights
The LED headlights are among the brightest in their class. Powerful 100-lumen headlights allow runners to see and be detected from a great distance.
Top features and what to look out for
- 3-mode 100 lumens long range light beam with simple on / off button operation.
- Lightweight, adjustable head strap with forehead pad to fit any head or hat.
- Rugged, durable, shock and water resistant housing.
- 90 degree tilt lamp with easy access to the battery compartment (batteries included)